[Samba] Variable substitution for profile paths in ADUC

samba.20.andwin at spamgourmet.com samba.20.andwin at spamgourmet.com
Wed Apr 2 15:16:24 MDT 2014

Many thanks for this hint, I will be able to try this tomorrow!
As stated above, I'm migrating from an NT4 domain to an AD domain and
I want to preserve all profiles. The logon path in the old NT4 domain
was made of the user name and the host names, e.g.
\\server\profiles\userA.clientB.V2. As a result there exists one
profile per user *and* per client. To be able to automatically load
the specific profiles onto the corresponding clients in the new domain
I need dynamic variable sibstitution. The user name could be static,
but obviously the client names need to be assigned dynamically.

Best regards
Andreas

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 10:45 PM, Marc Muehlfeld -
samba at marc-muehlfeld.de