[Samba] Samba4 as AD member & local rights problem...
samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Tue Sep 24 15:46:42 MDT 2013
Am 24.09.2013 09:13, schrieb Thomas Besser:
> Like described here
> I enabled 'root' for short and granted the 'SePrintOperator' right
> to a normal account and switched back to security = ads
I'm not sure if I understand this. Did you took the server out of the
domain and temporary downgrade it to a standalone server for granting
Can you make sure, that the privilege was granted to a _domain account_?
# net rpc rights list accounts -Uadministrator
> Now the next problem arises:
> I can now upload the win drivers as described in your howto section
> "Uploading printer drivers for Point'n'Print driver installation"
> successfully. I can also see the files in the samba drivers share.
> But I can not associate it with a printer! The dropdown on
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/File:Choose_driver.png is empty!
I haven't had this case yet. Just some questions that may help us to
find the cause of your problem:
- Do you connect to to the server as the user you granted the
SePrintOperator permissions to?
- Is the user you granted the permission to is a domain account?
- The account you use to associate the driver with a printer is the same
than the one you used for uploading the drivers?
- Did the driver upload wizzard runs fine? Or any errors or untypical
- Can you associate the driver on *nix side by using 'rpcclient'? (see
- Is the combobox still empty, if you use a domain admin account (grant
the privilege to first)?
More information about the samba