[Samba] User home directory UID:GID incorrect on VM Samba 4 AD client

Paul R. Ganci ganci at nurdog.com
Tue Oct 29 20:29:31 MDT 2013

On 10/29/2013 07:28 PM, Paul R. Ganci wrote:
> On 10/29/2013 05:51 PM, Paul R. Ganci wrote:
>> It looks like cifs-utils was never installed on any of my systems. Is
>> it sufficient to install cifs-util and then create
>> /etc/requestkey.conf containing:
>>
>> create       cifs.spnego    * * /usr/sbin/cifs.upcall -c %k
>> create       dns_resolver   * * /usr/sbin/cifs.upcall %k
> I think I fixed the problem. I installed cifs-util and then created
> the /etc/requestkey.conf shown above. Finally I SUID /sbin/mount.cifs
> and rebooted (seems to clear out any cache). Voila I can now automount
> with this /etc/auto.home:
>
> nas> cat /etc/auto.home
> #
> # File: /etc/auto.home
> #
> # cifs automount
> * -fstype=cifs,sec=krb5,multiuser,username=NAS$
> ://nikita.myhome.nurdog.com/home/&
There seems to have been one more required step. After making the
/etc/requestkey.conf it seems I had to manually mount and then unmount
the home share

nas> mount -t cifs //nikita.mhome.nurdog.com/home /home -o
sec=krb5,username=NAS$,multiuser
nas> umount /home

and then after a reboot the automount worked. I think this is a CentOS
6.4 issue ... maybe software that is too old? If I begin to have issues
I think I am just going to stick with the nfs mount.

--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)