[Samba] User home directory UID:GID incorrect on VM Samba 4 AD client

Paul R. Ganci ganci at nurdog.com
Tue Oct 29 19:28:50 MDT 2013

On 10/29/2013 05:51 PM, Paul R. Ganci wrote:
> -What do you have for cifs.upcall in /etc/requestkey.conf?
> nas> cat /etc/requestkey.conf
> cat: /etc/requestkey.conf: No such file or directory
>
> So are you going to tell me this is my issue?
>
> It looks like cifs-utils was never installed on any of my systems. Is
> it sufficient to install cifs-util and then create
> /etc/requestkey.conf containing:
>
> create       cifs.spnego    * * /usr/sbin/cifs.upcall -c %k
> create       dns_resolver   * * /usr/sbin/cifs.upcall %k
I think I fixed the problem. I installed cifs-util and then created the
/etc/requestkey.conf shown above. Finally I SUID /sbin/mount.cifs and
rebooted (seems to clear out any cache). Voila I can now automount with
this /etc/auto.home:

nas> cat /etc/auto.home
#
# File: /etc/auto.home
#
# cifs automount
* -fstype=cifs,sec=krb5,multiuser,username=NAS$
://nikita.myhome.nurdog.com/home/&

Now I seem to find and can mount user home directories.

--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)