[Samba] unknown authentification failure - Samba 4.0.1 pdc

bugblatterbeast samba at bugblatterbeast.de
Tue Oct 29 13:47:37 MDT 2013

Hi,

     I'm still trying to find out, what caused the strange behaviour of
one of our windows workstations.

Am 28.10.2013 15:26, schrieb bugblatterbeast:
> any username like "domainname\domainuser" with password always fails
> without delay. Either when trying to log on to the workstation, or
> when connecting to a samba share on the domain-controller (like
> "\\domaincontroller\share").
>
> Now, when we log in as a local user and try to connect to a samba
> share on the domain-controller using the WRONG username
> "computername\domainuser" with the NOT MATCHING password of the
> domainuser it works!!!!! We can not only connect to a samba share but
> also join or leave the domain. However it's still impossible to logon
> to the workstation that way...

As Greg already mentioned yesterday, the bug I've linked in a previos
post is most likely not related to this problem. It seems as if it was
just a coincidence, that it came from the same machine...

@steve: Thanks for your help. It didn't work so far, but I'm still not
finished with the all the updates (that's a bit complicated here).

It would really mean a lot to me, to find out, what caused this problem
and not just fix it by a reinstalling the client OS. I've put some
effort in convincing everybody to use samba4 and I'd like to be able, to
give a good explanation on this.

Nice regards, bbb