[Samba] samba + kerberos + active directory with multiple domains

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Tue Oct 29 12:24:25 MDT 2013

Richard,

See if the example for multiple domains as shown on this page is what
you are looking for:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages/idmap_rid.8.html

Dale

On 10/28/2013 11:21 AM, Winkel, Richard J. wrote:
> Could someone just send me a working config that works with multiple ad
> domains?  Anything would be helpful...
>
> Thanks!
> Rich
>
> On 10/26/13 1:32 PM, Winkel, Richard J. wrote:
>> I've almost got this thing working.  I have it set up on a centos machine to authenticate logins and automounts to windows file servers.  But it won't allow me to specify a domain as part of the userid.  I can set a default domain in smb.conf and logging into that domain works like a champ.  And I can list the other domains with "wbinfo --online-status" (not sure what "offline" means but I can list the groups even in the offline domains).  But if I turn off the default domain in smb.conf
>>           winbind use default domain = false
>> and specify a delimiter
>>           winbind separator = \
>> and try "wbinfo -a somedomain\\someuser" I get "no such user".  I assume the local /etc/passwd file has to include the domain\userid as well, correct?
No, idmap_rid does not use the local password file.