[Samba] Fwd: Re: Restrict access to users home drives

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Fri Oct 25 08:48:01 MDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-10-25 at 16:27 +0200, "Th. Söldenwagner" wrote:

[SNIP]

> 3.
>   created test.txt on H: as user demo1. The permissions are:
> -rwxrwxr-x+   1 3000057 users     0 Oct 21 19:06 test.txt

Duh you have read and execute permissions granted to all and by the
looks of it also write permissions granted to the users group. What
exactly are you expecting???

This is Unix file permissions 101. Try something along the lines of

    cd /files_samba/userdirs
    chmod 0700 *

JAB.

Fife, United Kingdom.