[Samba] Restrict access to users home drives

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Fri Oct 25 10:17:17 MDT 2013

Hello Thoralf,

Am 25.10.2013 16:06, schrieb "Th. Söldenwagner":
>> Here's a HowTo about setting up file shares:
>> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_and_configure_file_shares
>> It also describes how to configure permissions. If you use a filesystem
>> that supports user_xattr, you can use all ACL stuff windows provides.

Have you followed the HowTo? Expecially configuring the permissions on
the share on windows.

If you setup the right permissions, then the users can only access their
own folder and no other on the share. There are several best practice
HowTos on the internet for the home dir share permissions, I guess.

Maybe it's enough to simply remove the group or everyone from the ACLs
of the share.

Regards,
Marc