[Samba] client hangs

Klaus Hartnegg Klaus.Hartnegg at BlickZentrum.de
Thu Oct 3 10:00:07 MDT 2013

On 03.10.2013 17:20, Doug Tucker wrote:
> client attempts to access a resource on a
> shared drive either by saving, or just simply clicking on a folder on
> the shared drive can takes minutes to complete.

Is it reproducable by clicking the same folder again after rebooting the
client?

Do you have the same antivirus software on Win and Mac? I've seen such
behaviour years ago after an antivirus update when accessing a remote
directory with a certain powerpoint file in it, that suddenly took
minutes to scan. The scan can take place already when going into that
directory, even when not clicking on the specific file.

Klaus