[Samba] Samba4: where are ACLs stored?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Oct 1 12:32:11 MDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-01 at 13:48 +0530, Partha Sarathi wrote:
> I hope you shoud use the below parameter under all share sections to
> get the NTACL working.
>

> vfs objects = acl_xattr,

Indeed, you would expect that to be needed.

However, we put that in to the smb.conf 'by magic' whenever we see
'server role = active directory domain controller'.  Frankly I think it
should be the default, except for the fact that we didn't want to change
it for upgrading users.  We used the 'new' server role as a chance to at
least make it a default for this important use case.

Andrew Bartlett