[Samba] Zabbix + samba4

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Wed Nov 27 03:34:11 MST 2013

Am Mittwoch, 27. November 2013, 08:25:41 schrieb Gian Henriques:
> > I'd like to know if there are some way to gather statistics from
> > samba4, like quantities of active users and other things that it can
> > offer then use it in zabbix to generate some graphs and triggers.
> >
> > I can do somethings in smbstatus of samba3, but i couldn't find
> > anything like this in samba4.
Take a look at i.e. the

	net
or

	net status

command (should be on board with samba4 too i assume - not tried it so far).

> > is there anybody here who could do it?

Some years ago i've fiddeled with zabbix. I remember that i've worked mainly
with nagios plugins within zabbix for functionality zabbix did not has "on
board" byself.

Take a look at nagios plugins like i.e.:

	check_smb_share
	check_smb

zabbix allows easily to create own commands - i.e. if you want to get the
active samba sessions you may use something like:

	net status sessions | wc -l

(gives the amount of active sessions as an integer)

hth at least a little...

best regards,

Niels.
--