[Samba] vestigial DNS entries

David Keegel djk-samba at cyber.com.au
Wed Nov 27 01:22:00 MST 2013

If it helps, I found that a samba 4.0.9 server was trying to send dns
updates to the first IP address which appears in /etc/hosts matching the
server's hostname (in that case, 127.0.1.1).

I'd like to configure samba to send dns updates to a different IP
address, but haven't yet worked out how to do that (its low priority).