[Samba] vestigial DNS entries

Lee Allen lee at leecallen.com
Tue Nov 26 18:48:07 MST 2013

David's solution worked - I was able to remove that entry from the internal
DNS directory.  Since then I have hunted down and purged several others.  I
am pretty sure my internal DNS is now clear of references to 192.168.0.13
and/or 'samba-ad.allenlan.net' -- both of these were lingering references
from the old configuration.

But something is still ... somewhere.  Each time I start samba I get this
in my log.samba file:

/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: couldn't get address for '
samba-ad.allenlan.net': not found

The only reference I can find anywhere on my system is here:
/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf.update :

/* this file is auto-generated - do not edit */
update-policy {
        grant ALLENLAN.NET ms-self * A AAAA;
        grant Administrator at ALLENLAN.NET wildcard * A AAAA SRV CNAME;
*        grant SAMBA-AD$@allenlan.net <http://allenlan.net> wildcard * A
AAAA SRV CNAME;*
        grant AD$@allenlan.net wildcard * A AAAA SRV CNAME;
};

But, as the comments indicate, this file is generated.  I can delete the
samba-ad line but it bounces right back after a restart.

Any ideas?

--
*Lee Allen*
email: lee at leecallen.com