[Samba] Fwd: Samba Error

David Keegel djk-samba at cyber.com.au
Mon Nov 25 14:43:48 MST 2013

I think this is a confusion with IPv4 addresses being treated like IPv6.

I had a similar issue on a CentOS 6.3 server with samba 3.5.10 and for
a quick workaround I set

       bind interfaces only = yes
       interfaces = 127.0.0.1 <IPv4 IP addresses of network interfaces>

in smb.conf.  For you <IPv4 IP addresses of network interfaces> might be
something like 192.168.1.1.

Unless someone has a better suggestion, you could try that and let us
know if it helps.  Perhaps someone else could offer a better fix.