[Samba] S4-Winbind dumping core on password

smk_va smk_va at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 16:47:48 MST 2013

To follow up, I've tried with later versions of sernet-samba-4.0, and today with sernet-samba-4.1.1.  The issue persists.

No problems logging in from windows with gssapi, and using services with credentials from the ticket cahce -- ssh, smbclient -k, etc. work just fine.  Logging in with a password, sudo su, etc. all fail on password exchange between pam and winbind.

Thanks for looking into this,
    Murthy