[Samba] How to keep samba4 dc work fine when windows dc offline?

Amaury Viera Hernández avhernandez at uci.cu
Mon Nov 18 08:18:34 MST 2013

On 11/17/2013 09:42 PM, Sense Zeng wrote:
> I'm testing a samba4 server join AD (had 1 win2003 dc) as dc. Version:
> Samba4 DC: samba 4.1.1 with ubuntu (172.16.3.8)
> Win2003 DC: Win2003 SP2 (172.16.3.3)
> AD domain name: dotest.com
>
> The samba server had joined to AD as DC. When win2003 dc online, it seems
> works fine.
> When I test win2003 dc online, simulate the win2003 DC was failue, found
> the samba4 DC can't work fine along. The AD client logon has been very
> slow. And there are error log in the samba4 dc log file
> /usr/local/samba/var/log.samba:

I have this problem too,
When the Win2003 dc is offline the samba4 dc can't work.
The users can't access or is very slow the authentication.
I'm thinking that the principal problem is that the internal dns for
samba4 dc is not working because since the beggining(before to switch
off the win2003 domain controller and later to switch off the win2003
domain controller) when I try to connect to the internal dns using the
windows administration tools it said something like:

the dns server doesn't exist. Dou you want to add anyway?

I have been using the official documentation:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC

but the results are the same:

When the Win2003 dc is offline the samba4 dc can't work.
The users can't not access or is very slow the authentication.

I don't speak English. Apologize for my language,

--
Atentamente, Amaury.

The following mail is attached automatically: