[Samba] Implementing Samba 4 in multi site environment

Zhia Chandra zhia.chandra at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 03:58:24 MST 2013

hii all

i need some suggestion about implementing samba 4 in multisite environment
im still new in samba 4, i have finish install my first samba 4 DC in my
centos 6 machine without any  problem.

i have plan to implement samba 4 in distribute / multisite environment, i
have one head quarter office and aroung 20 site office, in my head quarter
office i have not more than 50 PC client and in every site office i have no
more than 10 PC client to manage. every site office connected to head
quarter office by openvpn connection in route mode so every site office has
different network. let say head quarters office network is
172.16.0.0/24and site office network are
172.16.1.0/24  until 172.16.99.20.0/24.

my plan is i will install dc in head quarter office and i will install
additional dc in every  site office that will replicate the directory only
with the head quater office dc.

so my question are
1. is my plan possible to be implemented?
2. how many bandwidth do i need in every site (head quarters office and
each site office) to run my plan?
3. is anyone here ever implement the same scheme with my plan, pliz in need
some advice to implement it ..

--

Thx & Warm regards
Zhia Chandra