[Samba] Join Samba4 in a Samba4 AD

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 9 07:42:38 MST 2013

On 09/11/13 14:31, DarkZad wrote:
> Just did the change in the TUDOR idmap config: backend = rid the
> fileserver.
>
> In AD server still the same thing.
> I ran the command wbinfo-i Marcelo and worked perfectly.

AH, but are the numbers the same?

> You think I should run the command     samba-tool domain provision
> --use RFC2307
> and register all users to work seamlessly?

If you run 'samba-tool domain provision' you will start from new,
everything will be wiped clean and you will have to enter all your users
& groups again and rejoin any computers. What worries me, is that you
ran the classic upgrade command but did not get the uidNumbers etc. Just
how did you run the command and what did you upgrade from?

Rowland