[Samba] creating an ubuntu package of version 4.1.0

bugblatterbeast samba at bugblatterbeast.de
Mon Nov 4 13:15:38 MST 2013

Am 03.11.2013 21:11, schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
> On Sun, 2013-11-03 at 14:03 +0100, bugblatterbeast wrote:
>> Thank you Harry. I've stopped posting my progress because it's somehow
>> off topic here.
>>
>> I've already found a far less sophisticated solution than you did, by
>> just adding the dependency to the util-target in "lib/util/wscript_build".
> Does this help even without disabling ntdb?  If so, then please submit
> this patch upstream.  This is meant to work, and if we are just missing
> a dependency, then great!  I was assuming it was a much more messy
> situation around linker rules and internal-to-build-system issues.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Yes, it does help without disabling ntdb.

I've made a fresh start from the most recent source-package from sid and
it does compile and link with ntdb enabled - and just this one patch
added. I hope that I don't miss anything, but it seems to me, as if
adding the dependency of ccan-hash to the samba-util build target, fixes
all the linker problems.

There are still some directory issues after the installation, that
shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Later, when I'm home, I will create a bugzilla account, upload the
details and hope that it helps you.

nice regards, bugblatterbeast