[Samba] Samba 4 Build Documentation

Chris Roberts cjr at tridentgarages.co.uk
Mon Nov 4 05:41:55 MST 2013

Last week I built Samba based on the documentation at:

    https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Build_Samba

This is still recommending v4-0-stable. I tried to register to fix this
myself, but registrations are disabled atm, requiring an email to
register - which isn't really warranted for such a small change. Would
someone with edit rights be able to update this?

Personally I think it would be good to have more generic instructions,
so that they don't need updating for each and every release, e.g.

    git clone git://git.samba.org/samba.git samba
    git branch -a

    Chose the most recent stable branch, then:

    git checkout <your-chosen-branch>

Warning - I am not a git expert in any way!

But I'd have thought that anyone looking to build Samba from source
probably can be trusted to work this out.

Thanks,

--
Chris Roberts