[Samba] Access denied when associating a driver with a printer

James Cort james.cort at bediwin.co.uk
Mon Nov 4 05:32:45 MST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to get point & print working against a 4.0.10 Samba server (using the sernet packages if that's relevant).

I have the printer itself setup and I've uploaded the driver, but associating the uploaded driver with the printer causes Windows to give an error: "Printer settings could not be saved. Access is denied".

I'm seeing the same symptoms on XP and 7, and if I use rpcclient from the command line I get WERR_ACCESS_DENIED.

I'm doing this as a user with domain admin rights and I've specifically ensured I've granted this user SePrintOperatorPrivilege.

My config file is at:

http://pastebin.com/raZYpC3c

Results of using rpcclient to associate the driver from the command line at log level 10:

http://pastebin.com/4p9859tP

I've got full root access to everything - this is a lab environment so I can do pretty much what I like to get this working.

--
Eckland-Cort Ltd T/A Bediwin Information Services
Registered in England and Wales, no. 02598654