[Samba] Samba 3.0.28 buffer overflow

Mon Nov 4 04:06:19 MST 2013

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 10:15:52AM +0000, Adrian Graham wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Came across a reproduceable fault with HP's latest version of Samba which
> is based on 3.0.28 code.....wouldn't surprise me if this has been fixed in
> later versions.
>
> Did a new install last week on OpenVMS 8.4 for a customer to run his CMS
> on. We can write several thousand files no problem, but when it comes to
> manipulating the modified date on each of the files samba will choke on
> every 102nd file which makes me think a '4' has been missed off a buffer
> declaration.
>
> Was this ever a known bug?

HP's latest version is 3.0.28 based? 3.0 is out of public support for a
couple of years now. You should contact HP support about this, I doubt
you will find anybody digging into this here.

Alternatively, you might contact someone from
https://www.samba.org/samba/support/
for paid support.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de