[Samba] change user home

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Nov 1 06:48:46 MDT 2013

Hai,  Thanks for responding. :-))

My setup is the following.
- windows 2008R2 ADS (incl dns+dhcp )
- second server samba 4.0.10-8 sernet-samba on ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS , its a second DC.
  replication etc tested ok, i can add users from linux and windows.

i only added in /etc/nsswitch.conf these lines ( added winbind )

passwd:         compat winbind
group:          compat winbind
hosts:          files dns

other settings are default

this is my smb.conf, as much basic as possible.

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = MYDOMAIN
        realm = MYDOMAIN.BAZUIN.NL
        netbios name = MS249-LIN-007
        server string = ms249-lin-007
        #
        # In case you are using bind9_dlz, you should uncomment "server services" to
        # disable the internal dns server from starting.
        #
        server services = s3fs rpc nbt wrepl ldap cldap kdc drepl winbind ntp_signd kcc dnsupdate
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

		## added my own.
        domain logons = Yes
        template shell = /bin/bash
        ntp signd socket directory = /var/lib/samba/ntp_signed

#---- disable printing completely
        load printers = no
        printing = bsd
        printcap name = /dev/null
        disable spoolss = yes

[netlogon]
        path = /home/samba/MYDOMAIN/sysvol/MYDOMAIN.bazuin.nl/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /home/samba/MYDOMAIN/sysvol
        read only = No

My disk/partition setup

Dedicated for samba:  /home/samba/ ( profiles, companydata, etc etc )
my users ( windows ) /home/users/username
my linux users	   /home/username

thanks in advance.

Louis