[Samba] Sysvol replication

Jim Potter jimpotter at orange.net
Wed May 29 01:30:31 MDT 2013

Hi,

Sorry about late reply...

I've been baning my head againstr replication here for a while...

GlusterFS - it seems to have problems with the extended attributes
specifically on the point where the gluster FS is mounted.

For example: I have a standard debian setup with sysvol in
/var/lib/samba/ and mount a gluster sysvol partition here (with xattrs)
I can set attributes within the partition fine, but I can't set the
attributes on the sysvol folder itself, or they won't inherit properly...

I also came unstuck on uidnumbers across DCs (see previous email), but I
was just getting an error from GPMC saying permissions were all wrong
(paraphrased!)

My next approach (not tested yet) is to get the mount point out of the
share, eg:

- mount gluster FS in /srv/glusterMounts/sysvol and in here have a
directory sysvol which I share as my sysvol share:

[sysvol]
path = /srv/glusterMounts/sysvol/sysvol

How do you do it to get it to work?

cheers