[Samba] smb.conf sync

Adam Thorn alt36 at cam.ac.uk
Tue May 28 03:27:43 MDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-27 at 16:56 +0200, Michael De Groote wrote:
> watch out when you do that!!
> i killed one of my previous test-setups by doing that when i forgot to
> change the netbios name for the second machine

Our fix for that sort of problem is to have
"/etc/samba/netbiosname.conf" which is different on each host (and just
sets the netbios name, but obviously you can extend that idea to
whatever machine-specific settings need to be different), have a
smb.conf that includes that file, and then I can ensure that the master
smb.conf is synced between multiple machines.

Adam