[Samba] smb.conf sync

Michael De Groote ict at sint-pietersschool.be
Mon May 27 08:56:09 MDT 2013

watch out when you do that!!
i killed one of my previous test-setups by doing that when i forgot to
change the netbios name for the second machine (so there were to DCs with
the same netbios name, which totally blasted my setup. Even after shutting
down all samba servers, stopping BIND, correcting the config, and trying to
wipe the offending entries in the ._msdcs.blablabla zone, it kept spamming
my logs every 5 secs about something (which i unfortunately dont remember
now) so the simplest route was to reprovision. Lucky for me it was only a
test setup :)

Michael

2013/5/27 Sandbox <sandboxheh at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> Just a quick question.
> Do I have to syncronise my smb.conf file between my servers?
>
> Thanks, Robert
> --

Michael De Groote
ICT-coordinator Sint-Pietersschool Korbeek-Lo
ICT-support Sancta Maria Basisschool Leuven