[Samba] smb.conf sync

Sandbox sandboxheh at gmail.com
Mon May 27 13:37:26 MDT 2013

> Hello Robert,
>
> Am 27.05.2013 11:15, schrieb Sandbox:
>> Just a quick question.
>> Do I have to syncronise my smb.conf file between my servers?
>
> No. And it would be a bad idea. Each Samba server has it's own
> smb.conf, with it's own shares/paths/server name/etc. If you mix there
> something (e. g. twice the same DC name in your network), you maybe
> confuse everything in your network.
>
> Regards
> Marc

Hi Marc,

That was the reason why I thought about this, I sat up the DC, and
joined to the DC with my other Samba. But I asked myself if the "master"
server dies for any reason the member server how could provide the
shares if there is only basic smb.conf settings on the member server.

Regards, Robert

--
Üdvözlettel / Kind regards:

                                 SandBoX ;)