[Samba] security=ads

Ulrich Schneider man at ulrichschneider.de
Sat May 18 01:03:57 MDT 2013

Dear samba-mailinglist,

We're using samba 4.0.5 as an active directory domain controller.
We used to set up some file shares on basis security=user in the old
samba version. I was able to set up the shares as they used to be .

My Question:
How can I set up "wich user kan read/write which share?"

Do I have to do this in den Active Directory or in smb.conf?

This maybe a trivial question, but I lokked around the manuals a lot and
found nothing.

smb.conf

[global]
         workgroup = GYM-FEU
         realm = gym-feu.local
         netbios name = SERVER

[netlogon]
         path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/gym-feu.local/scripts
         read only = No

[sysvol]
         read only = No

[austausch]