[Samba] configuring Shares, Users with Samba 4.0.5 as an AD DC

Ulrich Schneider man at ulrichschneider.de
Sat May 18 04:51:08 MDT 2013

Maybe I should rephrase the question (and use a more suitable topic)

I have Samba 4.0.5. as an active domain controller.
I want to know how to set up shares e.g. this way:

share1 	accessible r/w for users in the active directory user group group1

share2 	accessible read only for users in the active directory user
group group2

Or rephrased again:
Using Samba 4.0.5. as an active domain controller ... there must be a
way how the Windows User from AD is mapped to a unix user / access
rights for a share. Is there a documentation for that?

Thanks for your supprt.

Ulrich Schneider