[Samba] Using Windows­­­­ ACL on a samba3 share

?icro MEGAS micromegas at mail333.com
Thu May 9 00:42:35 MDT 2013

Unfortunately it didn't help either. The strange thing is that when I open the "security" tab for a directory on the windows client, I only see the SID numbers of users. The groups are displayed well with names, but the usernames are not displayed, I only see the SIDs. Seems that samba somehow doesnt know how to map or whatever. How can I fix that? Any help is appreciated.

Lucas.

Чтв 09 Май 2013 02:29:51 +0400, Miguel Medalha  написал:

> I am using samba 3.5.6. I have another though maybe this problem occurs due to my OpenLDAP service? My /etc/openldap/slapd.conf is using:

> [...]

> access to dn.base=""

>          by * read

> access to dn.base="cn=Subschema"

>          by * read

> access to attrs=userPassword,userPKCS12

>          by self write

>          by * auth

> access to attrs=shadowLastChange

>          by self write

>          by * read

> access to *

>          by * read

> [...]

You could start by disabling those lines and see if the problem disappears.

If not, you should probably revise the entire configuration. The "Samba

by Example" book, downloadable from the Samba homepage, contains a very

good step by step guide to configuring a Samba/LDAP system. It's on

chapter 5.