[Samba] SAMBA implementation for DOS ?

G.W. Haywood samba at jubileegroup.co.uk
Tue May 7 15:57:13 MDT 2013

Hi there,

On Tue, 7 May 2013 czezz wrote:

> I use FreeDOS with MS Client to map a network drive.  However MS
> Client is a memory hog and prevents me to run all applications I
> need.  Therefore I would like to ask here is there SAMBA
> implementation for DOS ?

Have you considered using DOSBox on a Linux machine?  Then you can do
whatever you want with drives, mapping, NAS, or whatever.  I use it a
lot for an old application that I wrote over twenty years ago, it does
everything that I need.

Alternatively you could try VirtualBox, which will let you do similar
things with drives but I don't know how flexible it is.

--

73,
Ged.