[Samba] many smbd processes when sync'ing sysvol

Alex Matthews qoole.samba at lillimoth.com
Wed May 8 06:23:11 MDT 2013

For reference, my smbd.conf is as follows:

# Global parameters
[global]
         workgroup = SMC
         realm = internal.stmaryscollege.co.uk
         netbios name = XEN-ARCH-AD-01
         printcap name = /etc/printcap
         load printers = no
         dns forwarder = 192.168.0.30
#DNS handled by BIND
         server services = -dns

         log level = 1
         max log size = 10240
         log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log.%d
         debug uid = yes
         debug timestamp = yes
         allow dns updates = secure
         nsupdate command = /usr/bin/nsupdate -g
         spn update command = /usr/sbin/samba_spnupdate

         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
         winbind nss info = rfc2307

#Small file tuning
         read raw = no