[Samba] samba4 provision password complexity error

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Sun Mar 10 21:34:16 MDT 2013

Known issue - see the wiki. [I don't think you can change the
password complexity before provisioning, but perhaps you can.]

#this sets the complexity req off.
#(I do this after provisioning, but it may work before...)

samba-tool domain passwordsettings set --complexity=off

---
But you'll have to run provisioning again, which will fail.
Thus, the easiest way I've found is simply to nuke the Samba install

ie.
rm /usr/local/samba/ -rf

Then run "make install" again and re-run provisioning.

This all assumes you're running 4.0.3 and did your own compile and
install into the default directory.

-Greg