[Samba] samba4 provision password complexity error

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Mar 11 16:32:25 MDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-03-10 at 22:21 -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
> I am trying to provision my samba 4 domain and even though I have deactivated password complexity using the samba-tool I
> still receive this error during the provision:
>
> ERROR(ldb): uncaught exception - 0000052D: Constraint violation - check_password_restrictions: the password does not
> meet the complexity criteria!
>

> Is this a known issue or do I need to do something else to get this working (not counting making the password more complex)?

Just make the password more complex.  This is by design, because
provision resets the password complexity settings (and all other
settings).

You may reset the settings and then reset the admin password with
'samba-tool user setpassword administrator' later if you really, really
must so dramatically reduce the security of your network.

Andrew Bartlett