[Samba] "Samba 4" - "smbd"; "can't parse the PAC: NT_STATUS_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL" error but only for a single domain user ("Server 2008 R2" domain, "Server 2008" functional level forest).

Tris Mabbs TM-Samba201302 at Firstgrade.Co.UK
Fri Mar 8 02:03:15 MST 2013

Hiya Andrew, Günther,

Andrew, many thanks for following up on this.
> Where did we get with this?

Currently stalled, temporarily I'm sure, by my ignorance of "git" I'm
afraid.

Günther pointed me at a branch with some changes but I've been unable to
find it, either through the Samba GitWeb view on the repository or by trying
to persuade "git" itself to locate the branch.
I've asked Günther for some pointers on how to retrieve the branch but he's
apparently understandably been too busy to answer what is honestly a pretty
noob question on "git".

So my fault I'm afraid - not been able to try Günther's changes yet.

Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to access his changes, or someone
will enlighten me, at which point I'll test it; then I'll put my patch back
in and see whether I then also get a PAC dump written under the Kerberos
principal name (which would hopefully confirm that the changes then also
cause normal code paths to be followed for this user).

Many thanks for the follow-up - much appreciated,

Cheers,

Tris.

NT_STATUS_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL" error but only for a single domain user ("Server
2008 R2" domain, "Server 2008" functional level forest).

Hiya again Günther,

Sorry to bother you again, but is there any chance of some quick words of
wisdom on how to retrieve that branch please?  I'd really like to test the
code but cannot find it, or how to pull that into my local Samba source
tree.

Again, apologies for my current complete lack of experience with "git".

Many thanks, and regards,

Tris.