[Samba] samba4 password sync howto?

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 20:52:05 MDT 2013

hi:
   after searching the mail archive, I found the same question was asked
last month. and indeed samba4 didn't support "unix password sync"
currently. I am surprised because it seems an very easy function =>  just
call some external program when password change.

   anyway, I wonder if there are some alternative ways to do this now? I
found someone store the password in cleartext but that's not a good idea
for me. in theory, can I install another windows 2008 R2 domain controller
and use windows SSOD to do the job? and when samba4 finally has the ability
to do the work, I can shutdown windows domain controller.  is that
workable? or I should wait for samba 4.1 or even 4.2?