[Samba] samba4 password sync howto?

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 10:30:33 MDT 2013

hi:
    we have some service which store local password. and we want to sync
samba4 (4.0.5) passwords to them.

     when we use windows server before, we can use ssod and write our own
program to do that.

     at first I think it should be easy with settings like below:

     unix password sync = yes
     passwd program = /share/bin/samba_passwd_sync.pl %u
     passwd chat = *new*password* %n\n *changed*
     passwd chat debug = Yes
     log level = 100

but when I try to change password at windows ADUC nothing happened. I open
log.samba, I didn't see anything about password sync, and of course the
custom script is not run.

     do I miss something? is "unix password sync" supported in samba4? at
least the option is at the man page...

      thanks a lot for help!

Regards,
tbskyd