[Samba] samba4 + cups - it is working for someone?

Mark LaPierre marklapier at aol.com
Sat Jun 8 19:14:19 MDT 2013

On 06/08/2013 10:45 AM, Adam Sienkiewicz wrote:
> Hi I'm tryyng to add printing to my AD domain based on samba4. My
> config now looks like
>
> [global]
> 	workgroup = SZYB
> 	realm = SZYB.LOCAL
> 	netbios name = DEB7SMB4AD
> 	server role = active directory domain controller
> 	server string = Samba4_AD_server
> 	server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
> winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
> 	log level = 1
> 	log file = /usr/local/samba/var/%U_%I.log
>
> [netlogon]
> 	path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/szyb.local/scripts
> 	read only = No
>
> [sysvol]
> 	path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
> 	read only = No
> [home2]
> 	path=/home/samba
> 	comment=homes
> 	read only = No
> [printers]
>      comment = All Printers
>      path = /usr/local/samba/var/spool
>      browseable = Yes
>      read only = No
>      printable = Yes
> [print$]
>      comment = Point and Print Printer Drivers
>      path = /usr/local/samba/var/print
>      read only = No
> [pdfprinter]
>       path = /var/spool/samba/
>       browseable = yes
>       printable = yes
>       printer name = PDF
>
> [profiles]
>        path = /usr/local/samba/var/profiles
>        read only = no
>

> but after run testparm -v commad I always get printing = bsd
> I tryed to add into my config line
> printing = cups
> but after this change I got in samba log:
>
> Unknown enumerated value 'cups' for 'printing'
>
> I tried to recompile samba4 with otion --enable-cups but it didn't help.
> in cups log there is no lines about printing jobs from samba side but
> it is possible to print with cups.
>
> It means that now there is no possibility to run samba with cups ?
> Is anybody run similar configuration to my ?
>
> for clarification - I used newest version of samba via git, compiled
> it on debian 7 wheeze

I had quite a time getting my printer to share.  This is what I have in
my config file that relates to my printer.  I hope this helps you.

[global]
         load printers = Yes
         printing = cups
         printcap name = cups
         show add printer wizard = Yes
         disable spoolss = No
         max print jobs = 100
         lpq cache time = 20
         use client driver = yes
         max reported print jobs = 1000

[printers]
         comment = All Network Printers
         printable = yes
         path = /var/spool/samba
         browseable = No
         guest ok = yes
         public = yes
         read only = yes
         writable = no
         create mode = 0777
         lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P '%p'
         lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P '%p' %j
         lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc hold '%p' %j
         lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc release '%p' %j
         queueresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc start '%p'
         queuepause command = /usr/sbin/lpc stop '%p'

--
     _
    °v°