[Samba] samba4 + cups - it is working for someone?

Adam Sienkiewicz adamsienkiewicz78 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 08:45:28 MDT 2013

Hi I'm tryyng to add printing to my AD domain based on samba4. My
config now looks like

[global]
	workgroup = SZYB
	realm = SZYB.LOCAL
	netbios name = DEB7SMB4AD
	server string = Samba4_AD_server
	server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
	log level = 1
	log file = /usr/local/samba/var/%U_%I.log

[netlogon]
	path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/szyb.local/scripts
	read only = No

[sysvol]
	read only = No
[home2]
	path=/home/samba
	comment=homes
	read only = No
[printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /usr/local/samba/var/spool
    browseable = Yes
    read only = No
    printable = Yes
[print$]
    comment = Point and Print Printer Drivers
    path = /usr/local/samba/var/print
    read only = No
[pdfprinter]
     path = /var/spool/samba/
     browseable = yes
     printable = yes
     printer name = PDF

[profiles]
      path = /usr/local/samba/var/profiles
      read only = no

but after run testparm -v commad I always get printing = bsd
I tryed to add into my config line
printing = cups
but after this change I got in samba log:

Unknown enumerated value 'cups' for 'printing'

I tried to recompile samba4 with otion --enable-cups but it didn't help.
in cups log there is no lines about printing jobs from samba side but
it is possible to print with cups.

It means that now there is no possibility to run samba with cups ?
Is anybody run similar configuration to my ?

for clarification - I used newest version of samba via git, compiled
it on debian 7 wheeze