[Samba] Problem with AD users and groups

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Thu Jun 6 15:15:09 MDT 2013

Hello Marcelo,

Am 06.06.2013 22:47, schrieb Marcelo Ruriani:
> It seems I locked myself out. I have tried these steps: turn off the
> firewall, ntacl sysvol reset, and dis-join from domain.
> The ntacl sysvol reset returns errors (which I'll post if necessary) the
> dis-join worked fine but I cannot re-join to the domain because it
> doesn't detect our domain and throws up an error "domain could not be
> contacted" and "DNS name doesn't exist".

* IP connection between the hosts is fine? (ping each other)

* Do you use the internal DNS or Bind DLZ?

* Is Samba/Bind listening on port 53? Use 'netstat -taunp', to make
sure, that nothing else is listening on this port and prevent the
correct DNS to start up.

* Can you check:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO#Testing_DNS

Regards,