[Samba] SAMBA4 vs Windows 2008 AD

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.hu
Mon Jun 3 12:22:31 MDT 2013

> Hi All,
>
> Is there any answer?
>

> On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Mario Almeida <malmeida at isa.ae> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am planning to covert our company's AD server to Samba4, need to know if
>> Samba4 is complete replacement for Windows 2008 AD.
>>
>> Is there a link to show features comparison, showing what is compatible
>> and what is not?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Remy

Yes, but your mail arrived today, probably nobody else on the list
haven't seen it before. Please check you outgoing mail route.

Basically Samba 4.0.x lacks the following features:
1. Domain DFS
2. DAFSR (needed to replicate sysvol between DCs)
3. Trust (it can be trusted it cannot trust)
4. Forest (multidomain) support
5. Group policy modeling wizard support
????

You should check which of the aforementioned features, if any are
important for your company, and could run a few test migrations.

Regards

Geza Gemes