[Samba] Backup Samba4

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Mon Jun 3 11:40:17 MDT 2013

Hello,

Am 23.05.2013 18:12, schrieb Rodrigo Emilio Sobrinho:
> Can anyone help me?
>
> I'm having trouble backing up the Samba4.
>
> When I run the command /usr/sbin/samba_backup, it brings the following
> error: Error while
>
> archiving /usr/local/backups/samba4_private.210513.tar.bz2

The script shipped with samba is very basic and doesn't allow any
changes on the installation. Like here, I use --sysconfdir=/etc. But the
script only searches the directories below $FROMWHERE.

The easiest way to find out why the tar fails, is to remove the
">/dev/null 2>&1" from all "tar" commands temporarily. Then you'll see,
why tar doesn't exit with 0.

Regards,
Marc