[Samba] Advice Migrate Samba 3 to Samba 4

ArthyD arthur.dupont at esial.net
Wed Jul 24 06:46:23 MDT 2013

Hello,
I've to migrate my old Samba 3 server on fedora 11 (without ldap) to Samba 4
on fedora 18 (on a new machine).

I've read many topics about samba migration but i can't find one about my
case.
Indeed since Fedora 15 linux users and groups IDs have passed from above 500
to above 1000.

So I have to change those IDs (witch will change rid...).

Will this modification interfere in the migration process?
- If not when should I change UIDs/GIDs: after Fedora migration, after Samba
migration?
- Otherwise what should I do?

I would prefer that my clients can connect to the new server without having
to do any change.

regards,
AD