[Samba] Samba4 AD SysVol Replication (HowTo + Script)

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Tue Jul 23 23:29:23 MDT 2013

Hello Dewayne,

Am 24.07.2013 01:59, schrieb Dewayne Geraghty:
 > Where you mention in the document PDC role, do you mean
 > PdcEmulationMasterRole, or is there some other meaning?

Yes. I thought the DC with the FSMO role "PDC" would be a good choice to
be the "Master", because some Microsoft tools, like the GPO console, can
be configured to connect to the PDC automatically. And group policies is
one of the most important things, stored on the SysVol share.

 > Sorry for being pedantic.  I'm very new to AD DC, where I've found
 > that being very precise is necessary; but very old to samba
 > (since 2.2.5) and openldap.

No problem. It's good to get improvement suggestions. I'll tonight add
some more information to the HowTo, to be more specific on that.

Regards,
Marc