[Samba] Local login

Sandbox sandboxheh at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 14:23:55 MDT 2013

Hi,

I tested my failover yesterday and a strange problem came up.
While my dc01 was down I could not login on dc02 with any of my local
accounts.
After dc01 was online again, login was OK.

My nsswitch.conf is a "regular" file:

passwd:         compat winbind
group:          compat winbind
shadow:         compat

As I read about nsswitch, with this config it should try to authenticate
the user from the local files, passwd, group etc and after the search isn't
succes goes to search in winbind.
Looks like cant find the users in the local files and try to search in
winbind but that neither have local accounts information.

Shall I change compat to files? Since I dont use +- for NIS database in
passwd and group files.

--
Kind regards:

                                Robert