[Samba] i can figure out. is it config issue or bug. please help

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 00:09:47 MDT 2013

i am using samba 3.6.5 with winbind.for active directory authentication

there is a samba share folder name "Filesharing" and plethora of folders
are inside it.
i have been using 2.7 stable for more then 2 years with no problem however
after my harddisk failure i had to restore data to new server. and install
samba from zero , fortunately or unfortunately samba has been updated in
debian repository to 3.5.6

root at nas:/nas/backup# smbd -V
Version 3.5.6

all user including owner user and group can see shared file but only
everyone/all users can not copy the file to there desktop or any other
location in windows 7, they receive permission denied
messages however these are the same settings that i used to work with Samba
2.7 stable.

even groups who to not have "r-x" permission can not copy data.
same goes for eveyone with "r-x" no user can copy the data.
until i give them "rwx"

this wasn't happening previously.

is there anyone who can help me in this regard.

Thanks,

MYK