[Samba] samba4 - error during classicupgrade

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jul 14 06:16:28 MDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-07-09 at 14:49 +0200, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I found the problem, unsupported character in displayName prjLeudi+,
> samba don't like the charecter + in displayName.

The bug here is that we should have escaped this value before we put it
into the DN.

> Next problem: SID on user Administrator.
>
> samba-tool classicupgrade don't terminate correcly because I saw that
> Administrator user don't have the correct SID (ending -500).
>
> We have 2 administrator user (in french and in english) :
>
> Administrateur
> Administrator
>
> SID S-1-5-21-4023731279-819928261-1073345436-500 is on user
> Administrateur.
>
> How can I force samba to by pass this test ?

What is happening here is that we simply ignore the -500 user from your
import, and then re-add the administrator.  The issue is that we add it
in english, so if you have a second administrator (a bad idea in my
view) it will collide.  Just remove that from the import source before
you start.

Andrew Bartlett