[Samba] About NAS versus Samba

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Fri Jul 12 00:28:45 MDT 2013

Mostly All the NAS Vendors that belong to the linux side have samba3 winbind
running
pointing in their config to ads:

Ex.:
security = ADS
something like this..
winbind enum users = Yes
   winbind enum groups = Yes
   winbind use default domain = Yes
   winbind nested groups = Yes
   winbind separator = +

But in the first run you have to talk to them. Now and then you can buy the
nas with a possibility to join
to your samba3 domain.

If you haven' t tried you will never know :-)
Good Luck
Daniel
EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV