[Samba] Samba 3 member server connected to Samba 4 DC (using nslcd)

Chris Alavoine chrisa at acs-info.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 06:58:10 MDT 2013

Update.

Have tried creating an Ubuntu 12.04 domain member fileserver following
these docs here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Domain_Member

With some minor package name changes all seems to work ok... except when I
create a share the permissions appear to be being read from the *nix side.
I'm seeing this:

Everyone
root (Unix User\root)
root (Unix Group\root)

Which looks very much like the posix perms on the member server.

If I try and add my own permissions from the DC I get "Access Denied" when
applying the security changes.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks,
Chris.