[Samba] Samba Domain Rename

Frostyfrog frostyfrog2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 23:49:22 MDT 2013

I'm not sure which distro you are using (I use Archlinux), but these steps
should work if you have command line access (press the key surrounded in <>
when there is one, don't type the <> or the stuff inside):

1. Login to the server
2. type: vim /etc/samba/smb.conf<enter>
3. type: /workgroup =<enter>
(If that doesn't work, try it without the equals)
4. press the arrow keys until it is placed just after the equals
5. type c$
6. type in what you want the new domain name to be
7. press <esc>
8. type: :wq
9. restart samba

Disclaimer: These steps are not for those who have no idea what they are
doing (although it may seem that way), please proceed with caution.

~Frostyfrog
>From a friendly web page developer.
^.^